Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake for Your Sweetheart
Baking is a precise science that requires the utmost attention and patience. Thanks to our friends over at Home With Her, here is a surprisingly easy, gluten-free chocolate cake recipe that is an absolute show stopper to look at. Unlike most chocolate desserts, this cake is actually moist, fluffy and light. It pairs nicely with almond or coconut ice cream and my favorite is topping it with raspberries for both color and taste.
- 3/4 c coconut flour
- 2 c semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa/ cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 10 organic large brown eggs
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 c organic maple syrup
- 1 c melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit. Spray or grease two circle cake pans.
- Measure and combine coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda, and stir.
- Combine and whisk eggs, vanilla, oil and maple syrup. Pour the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and stir. (Do these few steps quickly as you are working with eggs and warm coconut oil and you want to get everything mixed and in the oven right away).
- Bake at 325 for 35 minutes in the middle of the oven. Remove cake and cool.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips over the stove on low heat.
- Once melted, remove from heat and stir in ghee and coconut oil (use less if you like a stiffer ganache—I do!).
- Pour a small amount of melted chocolate on top of one plated cake—just enough to stick them together. Stack the other cake on top and poor melted chocolate over both. Spread in a circular motion, spilling chocolate ganache over the sides.
- Place raspberries on top and allow ganache to harden. Serve and enjoy!