TINA VINDUM has parlayed her mastery of exercise physiology, her years of experience as a competitive athlete, and her love for nature into Outdoor Fitness, the first and foremost program of its kind. The curriculum is rooted in back-to-basics fitness, a philosophy of body-mind integration coupled with passion for the outdoors. Since its inception in 1995, Outdoor Fitness has grown to be immensely successful and renowned, with programs and practicing professionals in 40 different states and 10 different countries. Today, it remains the only accredited Outdoor Fitness program in the US.
Tina grew up in the breathtaking mountains of the Sierra Nevada, where she developed her connection to the outdoors and trained as a competitive skier, inline skater, and World Champion mountain biker. After becoming frustrated with her inability to train dynamically in an indoor gym’s static environment, she began exploring an alternative “gym” amongst the pine trees and diverse terrain of the mountains, and discovered that it didn’t take a lot of equipment to achieve the kinesthetic awareness, agility, power, and strength that are the hallmarks of every great athlete. Now she gives back to her favorite gym by volunteering for causes like cleaning and restoring trails through the Golden Gate National Recreation Association and the Open Space Program, and supporting the Golden Gate National Parks Conservancy and the Marine Mammal Center.
As an American Council on Exercise (ACE) faculty member, Tina delivers frequent lectures about the scientifically proven benefits of Outdoor Fitness. She has served as an Advisory Board Member to “Girl Force Outside,” a health outreach program encouraging preteen and teenage girls to make healthy lifestyle choices, and often consults to fitness and outdoor companies for product development and on camera instruction for exercise DVDs. From 2004-2008, she hosted “Outdoor Fitness with Tina Vindum” on Sirus Satellite Radio, with 7.1 million subscribers tuning in weekly. In addition to authoring Tina Vindum’s Outdoor Fitness: Step Out of the Gym and Into the BEST Shape of Your Life, Tina’s articles and accomplishments have been featured in numerous national and international publications.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & CREDENTIALS:
- 1989: National Off-Road Bicycle Association (NORBA), World Champion, Sport Division
- All-around Alpine skier, trail runner, inline skater, and mountain biker
- 1995-Present: Founder of Outdoor Fitness, the only accredited outdoor fitness program in the US
- 1999-Present: Faculty Member of the American Council on Exercise (ACE)
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer
- Fitness Consultant, R&D, Content Provider, On-Camera Spokesperson
- 2004-2008: National Radio Host “Tina Vindum’s Outdoor Fitness”
- 1997-Present: Motivational speaker and lecturer at international fitness conferences and corporate events
- 2005-2009: Vanderbilt University Medical Center Advisory Board Member
- Featured in numerous national and international publications, including Martha Stewart’s Whole Living, SELF, Real Simple, Prevention, Fitness, Family Circle, All You, Health, Bride, Women’s Health, Sports Illustrated Women, Oxygen, Women’s Sports and Fitness, Backpacker, Ski, Skiing, Life Fitness, Hers, Adventure Sports, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, and San Francisco Examiner
- Continue making a commitment to health, fitness, and all-around wellbeing
- Continue introducing the power of nature and the outdoors to friends, colleagues, and clients
- Learn a new sport, namely stand up paddleboarding