MELISSA BOWMAN LI is an endurance athlete who’s truly passionate about heath and wellness. As a leading strength training professional and registered dietitian, she has helped hundreds of clients overcome everything from heart disease and obesity to diabetes and depression.
After having 3 children under age 3, she found herself with little time to train and quickly became depressed and out of shape. Melissa reached a point where she needed do something fast, but couldn’t commit the same amount of time and effort she could prior to having children. It was at this time that Melissa created her unique approach to health and fitness — the PhysioLife Method — and opened PhysioLife Studios in Chicago, teaching clients a system that adheres to three basic tenants: training, nutrition, and revitalization. Since opening in 2008, she has worked with many celebrity clients, including Al Roker, Whoopi Goldberg, Meredith Vieira, Ann Curry and others.
A Registered Dietitian of the American Dietetic Association (ADA), Melissa received her M.S. in Clinical Nutrition with a Holistic Concentration. In her practice, she bridges Eastern and Western medicine to formulate plans for her clients, focusing on the relationship between holistic nutrition and disease prevention, and how environmental toxins can be linked to chronic disease and inflammation.
Melissa has appeared on NBC’s The Today Show, The View, WLS-TV (ABC Chicago), WMAQ-TV (NBC Chicago) and more. She has been interviewed by the Chicago Tribune, Chicago Social and Michigan Avenue magazines and has been featured on radio shows around the country. She regularly holds seminars in Chicago and the surrounding area to educate, motivate, and inspire people to take control of their lives.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & CREDENTIALS:
- B.S. in Human Nutrition
- M.S. in Clinical Nutrition with a Holistic Concentration
- Certified in Slow Cadence Training
- Registered Dietitian of the American Dietetic Association (ADA)
- Licensed Dietitian Nutritionist (LDN) for the State of Illinois
- Former Figure Skating Instructor
- Ironman Florida
- Ironman Wisconsin
- Numerous sprint, Olympic and half-iron distance triathlons, plus marathons
- Break 13 hours in the Ironman Canada, August 2011
- Run a marathon in under 3 hours, 50 minutes
- Finish top ten in her age group for either an International Distance or Half-Iron distance triathlon