Creamy Butternut Squash Curry Recipe
We linked up with one of our favorite food bloggers, The Tasty K, to create a healthy yet delicious and heartwarming recipe, perfect for chilly winter months.
This quick but oh so delicious meal is not only super creamy and satisfying, but jam-packed with all the important vitamins and minerals.
I really like this creamy butternut squash curry as it is the perfect recipe for cozy fall and winter days but doesn’t take ages to prepare or cook. I’ve made it several times by now when I had friends over and they always loved it, so I’d call it a success!
This creamy butternut squash curry is only the second curry recipe I’ve experimented with so far and I will definitely continue to add more! Next to my Turmeric Coconut Curry this one is quite different in flavours and taste – but I couldn’t choose a favourite if I’d have to! What is great about this butternut squash curry is the creamy consistency and especially the variety of veggies and flavours. Apart from that it’s made completely oil-free and gluten-free.
On the one hand, butternut squash is not only very low in fat but also delivers a good amount of dietary fiber, making it an exceptionally heart-friendly choice. Furthermore, it provides a significant amount of potassium, vitamin B6 and vitamin C and A, which are important for keeping your skin and hair moisturised and healthy. The chickpeas and spinach, on the other hand, are not only full of antioxidants, but also include a significant amount of anti-inflammatory nutrients. In addition to that, they are jam-packed with folate and copper as well as dietary fiber, vitamin K, protein, iron and zinc. Hence, this curry is not only extremely delicious but especially beneficial to your health!
- 1/2 butternut squash, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas, rinsed
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 250ml coconut milk
- ¼ cup veggie broth
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1-2 tsp red curry paste (more if you like it spicy)
- 2 Tbsp tamari sauce
- Basmati rice
- Lime wedges
- Avocado, diced
- Prepare the vegetables as instructed and heat a large non-sticking pan.
- Add the diced onions and the butternut squash to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Slowly add the veggie broth and let cook for about 3-4 minutes.
- Once the squash has softened slightly, add the remaining ingredients, cover the pan with a lid and let it simmer on medium heat for about 8-10 minutes (until you get a creamy consistency and all veggies are cooked).
- Serve with basmati rice, cilantro, lime wedges and diced avocado on top and enjoy!