Overnight Paleo Porridge 3 Ways
As we transition into fall, this time of year signifies not only the end of long summer days and warm weather, but also provides a gentle nudge reminding us to get back in the swing of things and buckle down. We all seem to get busier during these months and, not surprisingly, the healthy habits that were fostered during the summer seem to fall by the wayside. But, as Haley and Claudine, the ladies from the 10 Day Health Challenge remind us, healthy eating should be a focus all year long and doesn’t have to be a drag!
Our Overnight Paleo Porridge is a delicious mixture of flavors, textures, colors, and nutrients and hits the nail right on the head for satisfying everything we want on a cool, brisk autumn morning. It’s packed with fiber and healthy fats to jumpstart your metabolism and fuel the day, but also easy enough to whip up in just a few minutes. Measure out your ingredients in 4-5 individual mason jars or other containers on Sunday night, add your favorite non-dairy milk the night before, and violà! You have an easy on-the-go breakfast or post-workout snack!
We’re not haters of heart-healthy whole grain regular oatmeal, but this combo actually gives you more bang for your buck (12 grams of fiber per serving vs. 8 grams and a healthy dose of anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids!) and will leave you feeling satiated and energized far longer than carb-heavy oats will.
Ingredients For The Base
- 1 serving
- 1 T buckwheat groats
- 1 T unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 T chia seeds
- 1 T hemp seeds
- 1 T ground flax meal
- ½ cup – ¾ cup unsweetened non-dairy milk (such as almond or hemp)
For Apple Pie Overnight Paleo Porridge, add…
- ½ apple, diced
- 1 T cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- Optional drizzle of raw honey
For Maple Pecan Overnight Paleo Porridge, add…
- 3 T chopped pecans
- 1 T 100% maple syrup
For Carrot Cake Overnight Paleo Porridge, add…
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 2 T raisins
- 2 T chopped walnuts
- Optional drizzle of raw honey
- Combine the base ingredients together in a jar or other sealable Tupperware container and mix well until combined.
- Mix in the specific recipe ingredients, if desired.
- Let sit for at least an hour or overnight before enjoying.
- For a warm version, feel free to add hot water and a drizzle of honey instead of dairy-free milk. Wait for 20-30 minutes and it should be ready to go.
- Although it’s best to store the overnight oats in the fridge until you’re ready to consume, they can be out of the refrigerator all day, making them a perfect meal during work or travel when you’re not near a kitchen.
You might also like
Our new Up For Anything Tight was designed specifically to help you take on new challenges. With a no-flip waistband and 360-degree stretch, it’s the perfect garment for your next heart-pounding endeavor. But if you slip on a pair of tights and need some help determining what that adventure is, the flow chart below will…
It’s been over three years since the #1 New York Times best-selling book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing came out, but people around the world are still discovering it, and swearing by the methods author Marie Kondo shares. If you’re not familiar with the book (we recommend…
Last year we set some aggressive sustainability goals for 2020, and while are are still a few years off we want to show how easy it is to lessen our impact on the environment. Yoga instructor and Athleta Partner Jules Hunt of the lifestyle blog Om And The City shares her easy ways to live sustainably and…