Looking for a super simple and healthy summer treat? Look no further…
With this 4 ingredient Banana Chocolate Chip Ice Cream recipe, you’ve found it!
It takes 5 minutes to throw all the ingredients together, blend it up and pour it into the molds. Then you just have to wait until it’s frozen, cover it with chocolate, and voilà! As easy as pie!
It’s also the perfect treat to give to your kids because it doesn’t contain any added sugar – just the natural sweetness of bananas (make sure that your bananas are ripe and sweet before putting them in the freezer!).
PREP TIME …….. 5 MINUTES
FREEZE TIME …….. 2 HOURS
- 2 frozen (ripe) bananas
- ? cup coconut milk
- ½ tsp vanilla bean powder
- 100g dark vegan chocolate (80%)
- dash of coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp pf crushed hazelnuts (optional)
You’ll also need ice cream molds — try these made of silicone – it’s super easy to remove the popsicles from the molds once frozen. They even come with a bunch of small wooden sticks. I immediately wash the wooden sticks after eating the ice cream, so that I can reuse them for the next time.
- Cut the frozen bananas into chunks and throw them together with the coconut milk and vanilla bean powder into a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth and transfer the mixture into a small bowl.
- Add about ? cup of pieces of the dark vegan chocolate and combine.
- Fill the mixture into the molds, add the wooden sticks and place them into the freezer for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Melt the rest of the chocolate with a dash of coconut oil and fully cover the popsicles. Top with crushed hazelnuts (optional).
- Store in the freezer or enjoy right away! Before eating them, make sure to let the popsicles defrost a few minutes to get a nice and smooth ice cream texture inside the chocolate shell!
Serving size: 94g | Calories: 200 | Fat: 9g | Saturated fat: 6.2g | Trans fat: 0g | Carbohydrates: 32g | Sugar: 18g | Sodium: 1mg | Fiber: 1g | Protein: 2g | Cholesterol: 0g