Summer Rainbow Rolls Recipe
Summer is heating up, and we can’t think of anything better than these Summer Rainbow Rolls from The Tasty K. Loaded with fresh greens, fruits, and healthy fats, they are the perfect snack for when it’s hot outside or when you need a quick and energizing lunch. The best thing about them? Fill them with anything you’d like! We recommend avocado, lettuce, carrots, cucumber, red cabbage, papaya/mango and pomegranate seeds. Dip them into peanut sauce for a mouth-watering, guilt-free summer snack!
RAINBOW SUMMER ROLLS
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 20 mins
TOTAL TIME: 35 mins
For the rolls:
- rice paper
- papaya or mango
- pomegranate seeds
- red cabbage
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ tsp sriracha sauce
- 2-4 tbsp hot water (depending on desired consistency)
- Slice all the vegetables and fruits into thin strips/pieces about 5-6 cm long.
- Take a rice paper wrapper and soak it into warm water from both sides until it softens.
- Place it on a cutting board and arrange the fresh ingredients in the centre of the sheet horizontally (starting with the lettuce).
- Fold the rice paper over the ingredients (pushing them back) and fold the sides in towards the middle like a burrito. Roll it up firmly until the end and put aside.
- After you finished the rolls you can cut them in half and place on a serving platter or a bowl.
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients together and stir until you get a creamy dip (add more water for desired consistency).
You might also like
It’s been over three years since the #1 New York Times best-selling book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing came out, but people around the world are still discovering it, and swearing by the methods author Marie Kondo shares. If you’re not familiar with the book (we recommend…