The Power of Fit: Swimsuit Edition
Friends come in all shapes and sizes.
From lean and mighty to curvy and confident, we’re all different shapes, sizes, and personalities. Our swim collection is as unique as we are with styles that play to our strengths.
With endless combinations of prints, solids and styles, low to high coverage, and everything in between, you have a plethora of swimwear options to choose from. Read on to see what we recommend, depending on your body-type.
LEAN + MIGHTY
Your slender, muscular frame can handle a range of swimwear styles without much fuss. But, you’ll feel especially complemented in a bikini that boasts sporty vibes. Halter necks and racer-backs are fair game, as are materials such as mesh, which will further highlight your athletic limbs. Craving curves? Try a suit with side shirring, molded cups or bold prints.
- Feminine cuts and details
- Triangle and halter tops. Perfect for breaking up straight lines and adding the look of curves
- Busy prints + extra detailing on the top & bottoms
- Embellishments at the hip and a tapered-back bottom to show off your toned lower half
- Bandeau tops that go straight across or shapeless tanks.
- Boy-cut briefs
Broad up top and narrow at the hips, this body shape boasts major arm power (hello, pushups). Try a plunge V-neck or halter top that puts her shoulders on display. Add a printed bottom to balance out your look.
- Necklines that create illusion of narrow shoulders, like V-neck, plunging V-neck, scoop, halter, wide straps or gathered necklines
- Necklines that elongate your broad shoulders, like bateau, off-the-shoulders, spaghetti straps, square and strapless necklines.
CURVY + CONFIDENT
Sporting a defined waist or perfectly curvy all around, your strength lies within your balanced proportion. Go matchy-matchy with prints or wear a one-piece. A high-waisted bottom will show off that waist while simultaneously covering up.
- Solid or a small prints that won’t distort your proportions.
- Underwire or halter styles to support your chest.
- Horizontal striped patterns
- Hipsters or boyshorts
- Mix-matched tops and bottoms, which can make your body seem disproportionate
Your motto should be “drop it like a squat” because your legs & booty are mighty powerful. Play up your physique in dark-colored bottoms and lighter, printed tops. Embellished bikinis and padded cups suit you well, as do feminine cuts like skirted bottoms.
- Lighter, printed tops work well when contrasted with a solid, dark colored bottom
- Eye-catching details—like a pop of color, a deep neckline, or hardware above the waist
- Hipsters or boyshorts
- Bottoms with busy prints or horizontal prints
BUSTY + BOLD
For members of the C-cup and up tribe, our bra-sized suits offer the perfect fitting top. We’ve also added underwire options to provide lift (with or without padding). Pro tip: Try a high-waisted bottom or boyshort to keep things symmetrical.
- Suits marked with sizing like your regular bra
- Wide or adjustable straps + underwire, seamed cups to help lift your chest
- Options with zippers or adjustable strings that let you control your coverage
- Skimpy styles, like triangle tops, since they lack the structure you need
Check out everything from molded cups to ocean-inspired patterns to get you water-ready this swim season. Find your perfect fit here.
You might also like
When faced with a new task, ask, or challenge, often, the first thought that pops into your mind is “I can’t!” or “How am I ever going to do this?” To celebrate our new Up For Anything Tight here are five ways to psych yourself up to tackle just about anything. 1. Imagine The Best…
Why, Hello 2018! It’s a new year, and that means it’s time to seek out the most epic workouts and sweat even more. From workouts that have you swinging from bar to bar, to finding mindfulness in your R&R, these 10 exercises offer a fresh perspective on what it means to embrace the challenge and…
To help prove our new Up For Anything Tight is the right fit for any new adventure, we challenged our community to slip on a pair and show us how they’re up for anything. Avid runners took a leap onto the monkey bars for the first time, inversion-averse ladies went head over heels in handstands,…