Recently I came across a new way to juice, with the help of the Vitamix and a nut milk bag. The end result is accessible, healthy, and SO easy, especially for those of us who don’t have the time or space for a bulky juicer.
- 3-4 handfuls of spinach
- 3 stalks of celery
- 1 cucumber
- 2 small apples (we used gala but love it with a tart green apple too)
- 1 bunch of Italian parsley (stems removed)
- 1-2 limes (peeled)
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Vitamixer or blender
- Nut milk bag or fine strainer
- Glass storing jars
- Roughly chop all the ingredients. The great thing about this process is you don’t need to peel the ginger nor do you need to deseed the apples. Just throw it all in there. (As you can see, we filled the blender to the top with produce.)
- Fill up the blender 3/4 full with fresh water.
- Blend on high speed until well pureed. Do a taste test and feel free to add more apples, cayenne or greens depending on your personal preference.
- Over a large bowl, pour the entire mixture into a nut milk bag. Secure the bag’s drawstring so nothing slips out.
- Gently begin to squeeze the bag. The juice should slip right out with little effort.
- It’s best to use a glass bottle or jar with a lid that forms an airtight seal to store the juice. We recommend you store it in containers that will hold just one serving. Continually reopening the lid will let air in and unfortunately will speed up the oxidation process.
- Enjoy over the next 24-48 hours.