Big Flavor for the Big Game: Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Want a hearty, healthy alternative for your Big Game fare? This recipe from Momo Wellness is sure to be a fan favorite!
This dish packs lean proteins good for keeping energy levels up and aid in fat burning. The complex carbohydrates, found in the sweet potato, regulate the digestive system and the healthy fats, from the avocado, can decrease the risk of heart disease. This snack is also paleo friendly, gluten free, and made with nourishing whole foods!
The key is having pre baked sweet potatoes ready to go. Throw 8-10 in the oven on a baking sheet (after washing and poking with a fork) for 50 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees. You can do this while you watch Netflix or prep for other big game festivities. The chicken, being crockpot friendly, makes it easy to cook ahead of time so all thats left for game day, is the snack assembly.
- 1 – 1.5 pounds organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breast
- 1 14oz BPA free can diced tomatoes
- 3 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo) minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6-8 Large baked sweet potatoes
- Add chicken, tomatoes, chipotle peppers and spices to crock pot and cook 6-8 hours on low (or 3-4 on high)
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred with a fork and knife
- Scoop out about 1/2 of the insides of the sweet potatoes (Save for another use! See sweet potato energy bites.)
- Re-heat sweet potato skins in the oven until warm
- Spoon chicken into potatoes, garnish with avocado and cilantro
You might also like
Our new Up For Anything Tight was designed specifically to help you take on new challenges. With a no-flip waistband and 360-degree stretch, it’s the perfect garment for your next heart-pounding endeavor. But if you slip on a pair of tights and need some help determining what that adventure is, the flow chart below will…
It’s been over three years since the #1 New York Times best-selling book The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing came out, but people around the world are still discovering it, and swearing by the methods author Marie Kondo shares. If you’re not familiar with the book (we recommend…
Last year we set some aggressive sustainability goals for 2020, and while are are still a few years off we want to show how easy it is to lessen our impact on the environment. Yoga instructor and Athleta Partner Jules Hunt of the lifestyle blog Om And The City shares her easy ways to live sustainably and…