Want a hearty, healthy alternative for your Big Game fare? This recipe from Momo Wellness is sure to be a fan favorite!
This dish packs lean proteins good for keeping energy levels up and aid in fat burning. The complex carbohydrates, found in the sweet potato, regulate the digestive system and the healthy fats, from the avocado, can decrease the risk of heart disease. This snack is also paleo friendly, gluten free, and made with nourishing whole foods!
The key is having pre baked sweet potatoes ready to go. Throw 8-10 in the oven on a baking sheet (after washing and poking with a fork) for 50 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees. You can do this while you watch Netflix or prep for other big game festivities. The chicken, being crockpot friendly, makes it easy to cook ahead of time so all thats left for game day, is the snack assembly.
- 1 – 1.5 pounds organic boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breast
- 1 14oz BPA free can diced tomatoes
- 3 chipotle peppers (canned in adobo) minced
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp chili
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 6-8 Large baked sweet potatoes
- Add chicken, tomatoes, chipotle peppers and spices to crock pot and cook 6-8 hours on low (or 3-4 on high)
- Remove chicken from crock pot and shred with a fork and knife
- Scoop out about 1/2 of the insides of the sweet potatoes (Save for another use! See sweet potato energy bites.)
- Re-heat sweet potato skins in the oven until warm
- Spoon chicken into potatoes, garnish with avocado and cilantro