Style

3 Ways to Wear It: The Metro Slouch Pant

January 21, 2016

IMG_6241-Edit

As an active girl, I’m loving the Metro Slouch pant for weekend activities from walking my dog, checking out some art or hitting a yoga class. As a stylist, I’m loving how easy it is to dress up or down. Check out a few of my fave looks…

Look 1: Morning Walk with My Dog

IMG_6444-Edit

My dog Isa makes sure I’m up and out the door every morning. I threw on the Metro Slouch and cinched up the ankle ties to make them a capri length. The side zippers were great for storing a few treats for Isa. I decided to keep things comfy with the Atmosphere Anorak and completed the look with the super-sleek Elevate Jacket from the Derek Lam 10C x Athleta collaboration. The Metro Slouch has great breathability, keeping me cool as we both got some exercise in.

Look 2: Afternoon Art Jaunt Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 10.57.05 AM

Los Angeles is such a creative place to live, which I love for my job as a stylist. I decided to visit the LACMA art museum to get inspired. The Metro Slouch has an urban feel, so it’s a nice base to dress up or down. I threw on the Criss Cross Sweatshirt along with some fancy shoes and the Sunday Sweater in luxuriously soft wool cashmere. Easy high-low chic!

Look 3: Restorative Yoga Class Screen Shot 2016-01-20 at 10.59.07 AM

Last stop. Time to wind down at restorative yoga. The Metro Slouch is yoga-pant comfy. In fact, they’re made from Pilayo, which is what many of Athleta’s most popular yoga tights are made of. These pants are perfect for those days when you don’t want to pack another change of clothes just for yoga class. I left the ankle ties loose, allowing the pant to hang free and making for an even more relaxed fit.

Shop Alex’s Looks

Look 1: Walking the Dog

Elevate Jacket, Atmosphere Anorak and Metro SlouchScreen Shot 2016-01-21 at 12.53.15 PM

Look 2: Afternoon Art Jaunt

Metro Slouch, Sunday Sweater and Criss Cross SweatshirtScreen Shot 2016-01-21 at 12.54.23 PM

Look 3: Restorative Yoga Class

Metro SlouchDaily Top, Highlands Wrap and Overcloud JacketScreen Shot 2016-01-21 at 12.55.03 PM

You Might Also Like

• Reply kristin January 22, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Cute looks, it would be helpful to know Alex’s measurements and what sizes she is wearing.

• Reply Amy R. January 23, 2016 at 7:58 am

I loooove
    These pants!!! I wear them as much as I can and they always look good and are so comfortable and wash up very nicely!!! I need more of them!!!!

• Reply Alison January 23, 2016 at 10:55 am

I have three different colors and am always looking for new ways to pair them up with stuff. I am 5’6″ and 150 pounds. A bit curvy some would say. I wear medium in regular length and they fit like a glove. LOVE them! I have trouble picking what footwear I can get away with. This is definitely helping. Kind of looks like anything goes! I’ll try to pull off some “fancy shoes” and a dressy top! Thanks!

• Reply RK Simala January 23, 2016 at 3:02 pm

These are great pants you can dress up or down. I especially like them for travel. They are comfortable and don’t hold wrinkles and launder easily.

• Reply Kim January 24, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Love these pants, I now have three pair of them. They are very versatile. I wear these to work (casual office setting), on a regular basis. They are so comfy and look great. Love the pockets! Athleta rocks!

• Reply Alex January 25, 2016 at 10:57 am

Hi Kristin!

I am 5’4″ and about 127-130lbs. My bottom half isn’t very curvy but my top half is. I have a larger bust and muscular arms. I wear small bottoms and large to x-large tops and sweaters to accommodate my larger top half. Plus, I like the oversized look in tops. It also creates a good balance with a slimmer fitting pant.

Hopefully that is helpful!

• Reply Kristin January 25, 2016 at 12:03 pm

I appreciate it very much and it is most helpful!