Athleta Girl Coming This Summer!

We are so excited to announce the launch of our new girls’ clothing line called “Athleta Girl.” The collection will be available online and in select Athleta stores across the U.S. this summer.

“Sporty is how girls are dressing today. Just like their moms, sisters, aunts and friends, they are living more active lives,” says Athleta President Nancy Green. “We see Athleta Girl as an opportunity to offer her clothes that are comfortable, stylish, high-quality, built to move and will perform for her.”

Designed for girls aged 6 to 14 years, our collection will cover a range of activities and sports, including running, soccer, dance, gymnastics, basketball and swim. We’ll also offer lifestyle pieces that are versatile enough to transition throughout girls’ busy days. You’ll see key styles from our women’s collection, including run shorts, capris and tops, along with new styles designed just for girls.

As a brand, Athleta has been active in empowering both women and girls through fitness since we started in 1998, so a girls’ line just felt like a natural step in the right direction. Elisabeth Charles, Athleta SVP of Marketing, says it best: “Our mission is to ignite a community of active, healthy, confident women and girls who empower each other to realize their limitless potential. Our new girls’ clothing line allows us to encourage healthy, active lifestyles and instill a strong sense of confidence with the next generation of girls.”

We can’t wait to show you more of what’s in store! Stay tuned on Facebook, Instagram and here on the Chi blog for more exciting news.

You might also like

The Power of Words

How many times have you called out, “Be careful!” to your children as they were about to do something risky? Or even something not that risky, but just not what you really wanted them to be doing at that particular moment? It’s almost a reflex, right? Probably because we heard our parents say it to…

January 20, 2016 at 8:27 pm

The team at Girls on the Run of the Triangle is so excited about this announcement! We cannot wait to see what Athleta has in store for our Girls!

January 21, 2016 at 5:24 am

I think it’s awesome inspiring these young ladies to be active! Healthy is beautiful 🙂

January 21, 2016 at 6:39 am

I am so excited!! Athleta is my favorite store!! Every time I purchase something my daughter (11) asks if I can find her something like that! She will love knowing she can get similar items!!!!

Tracy Carlson

January 21, 2016 at 3:55 pm

Super excited! I shared my daughter’s interest directly with the CEO’s when they visited Northbrook Court. Love it and cant wait!

Lynne Thomas

January 21, 2016 at 6:03 pm

Oh my goodness. This is going to be fun!

Deb Colon

January 23, 2016 at 10:49 am

Yes! This is great news! My 11 year old loves my Athleta clothes! Now she will have her own!

Team Athleta

January 24, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Loving all the love! We cannot wait either. Stay tuned for more info – coming this summer! Cheers, ^Helen

Stacy Patel

January 31, 2016 at 6:42 am

Cannot wait! So in love with Athleta! My girls would love to be models for you!!!

February 14, 2016 at 12:54 pm

Yes! What took so long?! Please make long sleeve tops replete with thumbholes; my little one covets my tops wants some of her own.

February 24, 2016 at 10:34 am

My daughter was so excited when I told her. She identifies as an athlete and there is s serious lack of girls athletic clothes out there. She basically rotates between the same three outfits! I imagine we will be your best customers.

February 26, 2016 at 8:42 pm

I hope l’ll be getting an Athleta Girl catalog. As a petite woman 5′ and 105 lbs. I often buy girls’ size 14 bottoms because the length is perfect on me, whereas a women’s petite 0-2 is still a tad too long.

Mary Anne Riehl

April 01, 2016 at 12:49 pm

do you know what stores are opening for the athleta girls this summer in the bay area

April 23, 2016 at 7:04 am

So great! I hope that the clothes will be generously cut — so many companies are making clothes for girls that are very thin — but many girls, including my athletic one, is round right now.

April 23, 2016 at 11:18 am

Been waiting for this line for a while. I heard it was coming out the end of April? Is that incorrect? This blog says the summer.

April 30, 2016 at 7:08 am

It has been really difficult finding age appropriate athletic clothing (particularly for golf) for my six and seven year olds in the market. I was thrilled to hear Athletas announcement! Looking forward to seeing what they have to offer.