Style

3 Ways to Wear Joggers

September 19, 2014

I feel like every once in a while fashion throws us a trend that’s a thank you for putting up with the other trends we’ve tried. Street style is this trend — sneakers, baseball caps, and now the jogger. Not familiar with the jogger pant? Well, let me introduce you to your new best trend. The jogger is basically an acceptable way to wear comfortable pants all the time. You can wear them to the office, for a night out, or to run errands… and they work all three ways. In fact, I’ve built a strong case for the Jogger; see Exhibit A, B and C below.

Desk Time

(Trouve BlazerLeith TeeAthleta Joggers*, Leopard HeelsKate Spade Purse)

Mixing in joggers for work is actually a lot easier than I first thought. It took me a while to figure out just what to wear with this style, but I realized that a simple blazer and white tee could make this look work perfectly. (These are two essential items you should already have and if not, what are you waiting for girlfriend?) The style of the pants also makes it great for heels. I’m literally wearing sweat pants with heels and it works. No, no thank YOU, Joggers.

Date Night

(J.Crew Silk TeeAthleta Joggers*Trouve HeelsMarc by Marc Jacobs PurseMK Sunglasses)

Happy hour or date night, you can again make Joggers fit into anything that you are going to do. Add in a cute blouse, black heels and you’re going out to dinner with friends in the comfiest outfit ever. Literally all of your friends will be jealous.

Down Time

(J.Crew JacketOld Navy SweaterAthleta Joggers*, Steve Madden Sneaks, Baggu Tote)

I feel like this look is how joggers were meant to be worn. (Sure, you can always go natural and just wear them to the gym but why be boring?) Add in a few essential pieces like a sweater and jean jacket (or even add in a basic tee instead) and you’ve got a sweet street look that works perfectly for the weekend.

*This post brought to you by Athleta, the premier fitness fashion brand for women.

You Might Also Like

• Reply Madeleine Warner September 20, 2014 at 8:48 am

Although I appreciate what you are trying to accomplish, I just can’t buy the “date night” look. With whom is this date? Longtime friends maybe, just casually catching up like we usually do, or is that called “lunch”? Date night for me is just a dressier affair–an opportunity to look and feel pretty, with someone I am happy to be with. A bit more dressed up for sure.

• Reply Jannine Myers September 20, 2014 at 1:13 pm

Hi Kendi,
    I’m sorry, but I agree with Madeleine’s comment. I really do appreciate your thoughts on the jogger, but I just can’t see them as an office-place or date-night piece of apparel. They somehow don’t work for me, eno matter how hard you try to dress them up. As a casual piece however, I love them!

• Reply Barb September 22, 2014 at 8:15 am

I disagree, I love these outfits! I have been married for almost 25 years and at this point I am to old (47 yrs) to worry about dressing up! You couldnt pay me to wear heels. I am all about comfort without looking schlumpy LOL And these outfits fit the bill nicely! I am loving alot of the new things Athleta is offering! I am a Lulu girl, bit very quickly being an Athleta convert too! Lol

• Reply Kathy September 22, 2014 at 8:29 am

Agree with Barb! In my 40’s and still want to look good, but not feel like I am being tortured at the same time. Love these pants, but really need them to come in petites. If you’re 5’3″ and under, they can look a little too baggy and frumpy.

• Reply Julie September 22, 2014 at 9:54 am

I’ve worn my city pants to work a couple of times, and while I wouldn’t wear them to important meetings, they’re perfectly fine for office days when I’m just seeing my colleagues and sitting at my desk. It’s so nice to be able to bike to work and not have to change my outfit completely–at least on cooler days when I don’t sweat on the bike–before heading in!

• Reply Kelley Swift September 25, 2014 at 4:16 am

City Joggers: on trend, comfortable, stylish, easy to care for and versatile. I just bought my second pair in grey. I have a closet full of tops I can now style and wear with my city pants! Thank you, for posting these styling looks! I Love Athleta!

• Reply Leslie September 28, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I’m all for this new look. I’m nearly 70 years old, 5’4″, thin and athletic body. Ok…my hair is colored, I admit it and there’s a bit of Botox going on but I get so many compliments with joggers, heels and a button down shirt tucked in with or without a blazer or tee and denim jacket. It’s great fun, my husband, loves it and I’m comfortable too. Hard to ask for more.

• Reply America Gutierrez October 7, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Love how Kendi styled these! Its awesome that workout clothes are making it into day ware-its honest and refreshing considering we cant/wont always wear things with a button waist : )

• Reply zoe October 17, 2014 at 6:18 pm

I love the jogger pants…how many pants can go from casual to dressy. It’s all about what you where with them, accessories, etc. Plus talk about comfort, but with great style. Keep up with your fabulous looks Athleta…..

• Reply Laura October 18, 2014 at 3:18 am

Love your posting and the outfits too! Thank you! I have city pants from Athleta both for summer and fall! Have worn them to work with a blazer and tee! Lots of compliments! How can something so chic not be perfect for most occasions!

• Reply Sarah @ AGratefulBlog October 29, 2014 at 10:57 am

I love how you styled this for work. Thanks for the inspiration.

• Reply Daily Sports USA January 29, 2015 at 12:24 pm

I’m a big fan of comfortable clothes for every occasion, and with those outfits you gave me great ideas.

• Reply fae February 3, 2015 at 8:38 pm

Super cute outfits, great trend, and comfy style. Can’t wait to get some joggers from Athleta!

• Reply click June 29, 2016 at 3:17 am

Apart from discounts, deals and offers, there are also some unique
    deals provided in the market like buy 1 get 1 free, buy 3 get 2 free
    and so on. In separate cases there are any wholesale shirts suppliers that treat on regional
    portion. I remember the days when outlets were real outlets.