Quick Fitness Fix

Sandy SandersNeed a quick fitness fix? If you’ve got 5 minutes to spare, I’ve got you covered.

In the video below, I’ll show you 10 exercises that can be done in a single 5-minute stretch.

If you do them all at once, allotting 30 seconds per exercise, just think of them as that extra bit of healthy dessert at the end of your yummy workout “meal.”

Didn’t get to make it to the gym on a certain day? Just consider it that quick grab-and-go snack that was able to hold you over.

Or, if you’re the all-day grazer type, then do the exercises as 1-minute quick pick-me-ups that keep you satisfied throughout the day.

I created this video to be easy to follow so you can get in a great 5-minute energy boost. I’ll walk you through each exercise, but if you have any questions feel free to comment below!

Carly

June 08, 2014 at 8:37 am

Thanks Sandy! Guess this is truly the end of my “I just don’t have time” excuse 🙂

Sandy S.

June 08, 2014 at 8:00 pm

Yea Carly, you’re welcome!! Although this doesn’t count as a full workout, it is a great little pick me up for those times when you well… “just don’t have the time.” 😉 (please make sure during those lunges and squats you go knee over ankle, and ignore any knee over toe nonsense I might have accidentally said)

Carly

June 16, 2014 at 8:47 pm

Hi I’m another Carly that tried this and really enjoyed the pep it gave me this morning when I didn’t really have time for a full work out. Thanks for reminding me that all movement is worth it!

Sandy S

June 18, 2014 at 9:24 am

Carly, lol I might have to rename this the ‘Carly Workout!’ 😉 Glad you enjoyed the workout. And you definitely got the point. Nothing groundbreaking about these exercises. They’re simply a way to keep you moving because as you said — all movement is worth it! 🙂

Leah Y

August 11, 2014 at 5:27 am

Great little w/o, sandy! I am so glad you corrected yourself on the knees over toe thing..As a Personal trainer, that is one of my biggest pet peeves about squats and lunges…They get a bad rap because people don’t use the right form when doing them and after time, their knees will suffer, not to mention back…..Thanks again for the morning (or anytime) pep up!!!!!

Sandy Sanders

August 12, 2014 at 8:30 pm

Leah Y, glad you enjoyed the workout and YES, I’m ALWAYS harping on the knee over ankle form when people are doing lunges, and I CRINGED when I heard myself accidentally say “knee over toe.” I also cringe when I see overzealous people banging their lower knee on the floor/ ground as they lunge. So yes, things like that will give lunges a bad rap. Again, glad you enjoyed the workout, and thanks for the shoutout! 🙂

Camellia

May 28, 2015 at 2:22 pm

Hi Sandy!!! You may not remember me but we were stationed together in BOOST in San Diego, CA. You are (and have always been) such a dynamic woman and it is so good to see you living life to the fullest! You are an inspiration!!!!

Camellia