Pilates Workout Summer Series

Pilates Summer Series

Summer is just around the corner, which means it’s almost time to slip into your bikini and hit the beach. If you’re hoping to up your confidence and strength prior to showing off your summer skin, you’re in luck. Athleta and I have teamed up to bring you three weeks of FREE Pilates workouts! The Pilates Summer Series is designed to prepare your body and mind for the best summer yet. Athleta’s selection of Pilates Clothes is a great place to get started.

If you’re familiar with me and my blog, you know I believe in making small, everyday changes to improve your health. So this series is exactly that… small steps that will lead to great strides. Today, I invite you to join me and thousands of women as we commit to doing Pilates every day for three weeks.

The Details

WHO: You + me + the entire Athleta community.

WHAT: Complete 5-10 minutes of Pilates every Monday-Friday for three weeks, targeting a different part of the body each day. To mix it up, we’ll also have a guest instructor each Friday!

WHEN:  I’ll provide a series of daily workout videos for you to follow. Each will be 5-10 minutes long — manageable for even the busiest of schedules.

WHERE: Links to each video will be posted in the daily workout plan below. We’ll update links each evening so the next day’s video is available if early mornings are the best time for your workout.

For additional tips, giveaways, recipes, and an opportunity to maximize your results, be sure to visit The Balanced Life.

WHY: Because we’re all busy, but we can (and should) commit to caring for our bodies each day, and 5-10 minutes of Pilates is a good foundation on which to build. Because small steps add up to big changes. And because working out together is MUCH more fun than working out alone.

Oh, and did I mention… it’s free?!

Daily Pilates Workouts

MON Abs Abs Abs
TUE Legs Legs Legs
WED Upper Body Upper Body Upper Body
THU Beach Booty Beach Booty Beach Booty
FRI Guest Instructor Guest Instructor Guest Instructor

So Are You In?

Robin Long Pilates

If so, be sure to sign up HERE to receive your free Workout Checklist to track your progress. I’ve done the work to film the workouts and create an amazing summer-prep series for you; all you have to do is join in. Be sure to connect with us on social media too. We’ll be using the #PilatesSummerSeries hashtag and cheering you on along the way!

You might also like

5 Ways to Be Up For Anything

When faced with a new task, ask, or challenge, often, the first thought that pops into your mind is “I can’t!” or “How am I ever going to do this?” To celebrate our new Up For Anything Tight here are five ways to psych yourself up to tackle just about anything. 1. Imagine The Best…

Make Your Workouts Epic in 2018

Why, Hello 2018! It’s a new year, and that means it’s time to seek out the most epic workouts and sweat even more. From workouts that have you swinging from bar to bar, to finding mindfulness in your R&R, these 10 exercises offer a fresh perspective on what it means to embrace the challenge and…

#UpForAnything Quiz

Our new Up For Anything Tight was designed specifically to help you take on new challenges. With a no-flip waistband and 360-degree stretch, it’s the perfect garment for your next heart-pounding endeavor. But if you slip on a pair of tights and need some help determining what that adventure is, the flow chart below will…

Ginger VanWart

May 12, 2014 at 6:27 am

I would love to do this

May 13, 2014 at 9:31 am

Day 1 and 2 done and dusted! Noticed that the ab work makes my back ache-aby suggestions? Thanks!

Robin @ The Balanced Life

May 13, 2014 at 9:47 am

Hi Carly! Great job. If you’re feeling a little achey you may want to ease into the workouts a bit. Take breaks. Modify by keeping your feet on the ground during the twists rather than keeping them in table top position. Also be sure that your pelvis is tucked (pubic bone tipped toward your nose) while doing the plank. It’s a common mistake to arch in the low back so watch out for that. You can also rest your knees if that feels better. 🙂

Anne Macleod

May 13, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Wow I had not realised how weak my arms were, bit of a failed workout. Heading of to work but will try again this evening thanks for the challenge

May 21, 2014 at 8:09 pm

Robin, is it normal for the wrists to hurt immediately while doing the upper body work-out? Would you recommend warming them up before the work out? Thanks!

Robin @ The Balanced Life

May 22, 2014 at 6:09 am

Hi Greta,
If your wrists are really bothering you I would recommend going down to your elbows for all plank exercises. Some people find that using fists is helpful in push-ups but others can’t tolerate that either. For the tricep dips you can try using a chair (instead of the ground) and pointing your fingers out to the side (rather than toward your bum). Bottom line – you shouldn’t feel pain. So if the modifications don’t help then I’d skip the ones that cause discomfort in your wrists. 🙂 ~Robin

May 28, 2014 at 7:57 am

i’m very excited about this, but i’ve found it a little late in the month. WIll the videos be available after the end of May?

Team Athleta

May 28, 2014 at 2:11 pm

Hi Jill,
The links to the videos won’t be going anywhere!

June 05, 2014 at 5:22 am

Hmmm… since I have “discovered” it only now, for me it will be June challenge!

June 09, 2014 at 10:19 am

I hope running on Mondays is ok to

June 22, 2014 at 8:11 am

is it too late ? I just found it, and I’d love to do this!

Team Athleta

June 23, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Hi Janna,
It’s not too late! Robin set up the series so her videos would stay available to start anytime!
Have fun!

June 28, 2014 at 1:12 am

Thank you so much, these are perfect to add on to the end of my runs, and thank you even more for making them free.:)

July 11, 2014 at 9:03 am

Hi Robin, I love these workouts! I have arthritis in my hands and wrists and find it painful to work with my palms on the floor at a 90 degree angle. Are there any modifications that you can suggest for me? Thanks so much!

Robin @ The Balanced Life

July 11, 2014 at 3:03 pm

Hi Keely!

I recommend going to your elbows whenever possible. Some people find they do well using fists rather than having hands flat on the floor (but I find this challenging). Here is a link with some suggestions as well: http://www.thebalancedlifeonline.com/pilates/pilates-mat-tips-for-tight-muscles/. Extra padding under your hands/wrists can really help.

Enjoy the workouts!

July 14, 2014 at 6:24 am

Thanks Robin, going to my elbows helps. I’ll try the mat roll today.

On your website you suggest drinking warm lemon water each morning. Can I add fresh stevia or sweet mint to it to help with the tart flavor without changing the benefits?

Also, as a dental hygienist, I have to say that the acidity can erode the enamel of the teeth as well as cause some people sensitivity. Never swish it around in your mouth. I would recommend using a straw to drink it. That will bypass the teeth and save them 😀

Finding the Balance 🙂

Wendy Boca Raton, Fl.

July 21, 2014 at 3:35 am

I would really like to try this. Anything like Yoga-not the steam one. I’m a beginner!

July 22, 2014 at 7:50 pm

Hi Robin,
Adding the padding for my hands help TONS! Thanks!
So, I haven’t gotten a response about the lemon water in the morning. Can I add stevia or sweet mint to cut the tart lemon in the water? Also, how long should I wait before eating or drinking coffee? Thanks, Keely

August 03, 2014 at 10:53 am

Hi Robin!
Just want to say how much I appreciate these videos! I’m a professional dancer and PTA and I’m loving all your cueing (and your answers to people’s questions in the comments)! It’s so hard to find exercise instruction that is anatomically accurate! You’re spot on, in my opinion!

August 05, 2014 at 9:55 am

Hi Robin, thanks so much for posting these. I just found these links today. I was active with yoga and biking but have been in a rut. Will you be leaving these links for awhile so I can take advantage of them?

December 12, 2014 at 8:15 am

Almost completely unrelated but lively article, and you have beautiful high arches, as a ballet student im very jealous 😛