30-Day Squat Challenge
Ready for another challenge? This time we’re bringing you 30 days of a great workout for your lower body that also strengthens your back and ab muscles. SQUATS! To get started…
Perfect Your Form
- Hinge your hips, your booty should be slightly sticking out like you’re sitting down in a chair.
- Your knees should be slightly above your toes or behind them when squatting down.
- Point your toes slightly outward, and slightly wider than your shoulders.
- When squatting down, make sure your hamstrings are parallel with the floor at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep your head forward or slightly facing up.
- Chest out, shoulders back.
- Don’t round your back, it should have a slight arch.
- Breath in on your way down and out on your way up.
- Don’t do anything that doesn’t feel right for your body, and consult a pro if you have an injury or are unsure if this challenge is right for your fitness routine.
There’s No Time Like the Present
Since February is a short month, we’re starting today, but the calendar below doesn’t include dates so you can start when it’s convenient for you. Click the image for a larger version you can save and print to track your progress.
Don’t waste another moment — enlist some friends to make it more fun, then get up from your seat and get your squat on!
Special thanks to Jackie, our squat model and copywriter, for holding a squat with a smile.