Ready for another challenge? This time we’re bringing you 30 days of a great workout for your lower body that also strengthens your back and ab muscles. SQUATS! As a reminder, Athleta’s selection of sports apparel is a great place to start your wardrobe. Without further ado, to get started…
Perfect Your Form
- Hinge your hips, your booty should be slightly sticking out like you’re sitting down in a chair.
- Your knees should be slightly above your toes or behind them when squatting down.
- Point your toes slightly outward, and slightly wider than your shoulders.
- When squatting down, make sure your hamstrings are parallel with the floor at a 90 degree angle.
- Keep your head forward or slightly facing up.
- Chest out, shoulders back.
- Don’t round your back, it should have a slight arch.
- Breath in on your way down and out on your way up.
- Don’t do anything that doesn’t feel right for your body, and consult a pro if you have an injury or are unsure if this challenge is right for your fitness routine.
There’s No Time Like the Present
Since February is a short month, we’re starting today, but the calendar below doesn’t include dates so you can start when it’s convenient for you. Click the image for a larger version you can save and print to track your progress.
Don’t waste another moment — enlist some friends to make it more fun, then get up from your seat and get your squat challenge on!
Special thanks to Jackie, our squat model and copywriter, for holding a squat with a smile.