ARIELE FOSTER is a doctor of physical therapy and a yoga teacher who has a lifelong yoga practice thanks to her dear grandmother, a yoga teacher now in her eighties who still leads several classes a week. For over ten years Ariele has been teaching an evolving blend of challenging alignment-based vinyasa flow and therapeutic yoga in Washington, D.C. As a physical therapist, Ariele weaves yoga into the therapeutic rehabilitation process. Ariele is also an enthusiastic cyclist, who not only loves her job, but loves the commute to it by bike — in rain or shine.
A deeply dedicated environmentalist, Ariele worked passionately for a decade with numerous national and international environmental justice organizations. She spent three months on the border of the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge in Alaska, and four months in Costa Rica examining the impact of environmental change on indigenous and traditional populations. Ariele also worked closely with local farmers in DC to establish farmers’ markets in neighborhoods with limited access to fresh foods, and labored on various organic farms across the country. Recently, she founded the nonprofit Yoga for the Planet, dedicated to elevating discussions on environmental stewardship within the yoga community.
Ariele is a humble student of Anusara, Kripalu, and multidisciplinary vinyasa yoga and gets massive inspiration from music, dancing, and joy. She is also very involved in the karma yoga community of DC and has taken part in a number of yoga outreach and fundraising efforts to help uplift the planet and the greater community.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS & CREDENTIALS:
- Doctor of Physical Therapy/ licensed physical therapist with National Rehabilitation Hospital, one of the top ten rehabilitation facilities in the country
- Kripalu Yoga Teacher Training
- E-RYT – “Experienced Registered Yoga Teacher” more than 10 years teaching as of this year!
- Anusara Yoga Immersion program at Willow Street Yoga Center (currently enrolled)
- Senior Yoga Instructor (and frequent student) at Yoga District, Embrace Yoga with Faith Hunter, Epic Yoga, Vida Fitness and Meridian Yoga
- Anatomy Instructor for Embrace Yoga/Faith Hunter’s Professional level (300 hour) Yoga Teacher Trainings
- Host free fitness events at the Athleta Georgetown store
- Complete Anusara Yoga Immersion and discover what’s next on her yoga journey
- Take the plunge and sign up for a 5k to try a running race for the first time (baby steps)
- Attempt paddleboard yoga!